Thursday, February 18, 2010

*NOTICE* FAMILY VISITING*

On Thanksgiving weekend my parents, sister, and brother flew in to Ho Chi Minh City. The first stop, after the hotel, was to the Zoom Bar in the backpacker district. We enjoyed catching up over a beer...and getting them prepared for the upcoming events: next morning: train ride to MuiNe.

In MuiNe we had a great time just resting. My family was really excited to try some local fare, so we ate a lot of Vietnamese food next to our hotel, and brought home some tasty and not-so-tasty fruits to try. We bought a durian and tried that..banana-garlic-feet is how my brother described it. No one was a fan..

Here is my sister at Joe's. Hi Sher!!
My bro, Dave, and my mom.
Jackie Mama and P-Ray! Behind them is Joe. He was dealing with a bee problem: a bunch of bees had nested inside one of the speakers so he was in the process of replacing it.
Fishing boats at sunrise. I love this scene..
An octopus we found on the beach. So I picked the blurriest photo of it. oops.

No comments: